Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Scripture Memory Through Song...

We are diligently trying to teach Kellen about the Word of God through scripture memory. I decided to combine something I love (the Bible) and something he loves (singing) to make that possible. There is a really great Bible CD called, "We Sing Bible Songs," that has a sequel called, "We Sing More Bible Songs." On this CD before most songs there is a scripture reference that goes with the song. I picked a song that Kellen kind of already enjoys to sing to help him learn a Bible verse.

The scripture is Psalm 136:1, "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, his love endures forever." The lyrics in the song that he is singing in this video are:

"Give thanks to the Lord,
Give thanks to the Lord,
For He Loves you, He loves me too,
Give thanks to the Lord our God."

Here he is singing it (once I told him I wasn't taking a picture... cheese!)

Enjoy! =0)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! So exciting to see God to using you to teach your son about Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! I love it! This CD will be in my Amazon card shortly following this post!

    ReplyDelete