Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dr. J Vernon McGee

Thanks to some inspiration from my MAP leader I have found my way to the website called, "Blue Letter Bible." It is a great website for Bible study and commentary. I stumbled upon Dr. J Vernon McGee's, "Thru the Bible," radio program that takes you through the ENTIRE Bible a few verses a day in about 5 years! There is a guideline introduction that I am working my way through and then I will start in Genesis. I am pretty stinking excited about it.

For those of you that do not know who Dr. J Vernon McGee is, (I thought I didn't know either until I heard his voice) he is constantly played on 107.9. He passed away a few years ago, but his voice lives on in the teaching of scripture. He is simple, (which I kind of need) and very powerful. If you are looking for a new way to study God's Word, (like I was), you should check out the WEBSITE. I am sure I will be inspired to write down some of the things I will learn.

I discovered that you can download the entire 5 year program onto your computer. It takes a little time because you must download first the guidelines, then each book of the Bible individually. However, I am going to be out of town for a few days and I can put the few days that I need to listen to on my iPod so I won't miss a day!

If you would like to download the 5 year radio program that takes you Thru the Bible... HERE IS THE LINK. It is free, unless you wish to make a donation. May you be inspired to read the most amazing book ever made daily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment