Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Family

Hello and welcome to my first post. I am not sure what I will use this for, other than to write about my life as a mommy and wife. I used to have a wordpress, but I can't remember how to log in and it seems as though this blogspot may be a little simpler to use. I am a first time mommy, my son was born on December 20, 2008. I have been married since June 14, 2003. I am not sure if there will be anyone interested in reading this blog or not; but I might as well start it just to do it. Why not right?

My laptop was in the shop because I dropped it on the floor and destroyed the screen, but Bestbuy fixed it so I am ready to roll.

I have decided to become a full time stay at home mom. This is somewhat of a scary thing for me, because even though I have claimed to trust Christ since I was 14 I have never given Him the opportunity to take care of me. I have always assumed that I could and should take care of myself. I have been afraid to let go and allow Him to steer. However, now that my income is no longer providing for my family, my husband will finally be allowed to be the full time bread winner and take care of us. This is scary because I have worked since I graduated from college and been in control and always had it all together. Now, I have zero control. I am sure God is saying, "FINALLY! Now let's get down to business." I am also excited to see what God has in store for my day with Kellen. What kind of adventures will we have, what will I be teaching him and doing with him to help him grow up to be a strong, happy little boy? The adventure is just beginning. And I can write about all of it right here.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! I pray that you will be blessed beyond your imagination for your commitment to trust the Lord and raise your boy full time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindie I am SOOOO excited that you decided to stay home with Kellen! I promise you, no matter what financial challenges come your way, you will NEVER regret it.
    As soon as school is out for you, we should plan to meet "in the middle" somewhere, like Tom's Farm so I can meet Kellen, and you can meet Ava (& Josiah?)! :D

    ReplyDelete