Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Even in Hard Times

"4 How happy is the man
who has put his trust in the LORD
and has not turned to the proud
or to those who run after lies!

5 LORD my God, You have done many things—
Your wonderful works and Your plans for us;
none can compare with You.
If I were to report and speak [of them],
they are more than can be told."

Psalm 40:4 & 5

When things are going well, these verses seem easy to boast about and quote. However, right now is not one of those times. God has placed many challenges in our path the last year and we have tried our best to trust in Him. We have been learning a lot at church recently about God's pupose and direction for our lives. This morning while I was reading one of the final chapters in the book, "Youniquely Woman," and the verses above in my daily Psalms reading two things popped out on the page. First, the two verses from Psalm 40 and then the following statement,
"If you are going through one of those times when positive change seems to elude you, when you feel restless or confused, or when you don't like where you are but don't know what to do next, I advise you to be especially watchful. Do your best to persevere in doing what you know to do. Open your heart to what God is preparing for you."
That is exactly how I have been feeling the last few months. What is my pupose God? Where do you want me to grow, change, work for you? Am I to be still in your presence to learn more patience, and how to slow down? Is there something bigger for my family? While I wait, I know I can rest in what he has provided: food, shelter and a family to love and care for.
Questioning is good, doubt happens. My prayer is that my impatience will not lead me to discouragement and wrong choices, and then I miss out on God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment