Thursday, February 25, 2010

Honorary Teammate- Jenny Bardsley


This is Aunt Jenny and she is one of my honorary teammates for my Team in Training marathon run. I thought you would like to know a little more about her battle with cancer, in her own words...

"The cancer I have is called neurofibrosarcoma. I've been battling it for 12 years now. It started out growing on the nerves in my left shoulder area and was removed multiple times over 9 years until it got worse and they had to take my left shoulder and arm. I no longer have it in that area but unfortunately it spread to my lungs and that is where I'm battling it now. I've had 3 lung surgeries in the 3 years since my amputation. The prognosis for the future is unknown but I am monitored closely by having CT scans every 3 months. My prayer is that God's will be done in my body and that I can be a witness for Him through it all - to continue to trust Him and keep my focus on Him for His glory."

Yes, she is that amazing.

CLICK HERE TO HELP SUPPORT THE FIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment